Continuously improve processes, efficiency, and the technical delivery of our projects and production within our R&D and project execution team.
Who We Are
At ZS2 Technologies Ltd., we are passionate about building a better planet. We are dedicated to the research and development of building materials and solutions that are stronger, safer, and more sustainable. Located in Calgary, Alberta with projects throughout North America, we manufacture structurally insulated panels with advanced magnesium technology. Our solutions are highly fire-rated, mold resistant, and non-toxic.
We pride ourselves on our culture, our commitment to always striving to do better and our investment in our most valuable resource, our people.
Our growing company is currently looking for a Structural Engineer to join our Project Execution Team. The Structural Engineer will be responsible for aiding in the preparation of accurate and complete proposals and engineering agreements, technical delivery of structural engineering design on various types of the projects as assigned, performing structural analysis and design of structural insulated panel assemblies utilizing steel or lumber in a variety of different structural types. Analyzing and preparing structural reports, providing timely consultation on projects to manage schedules, deadlines.
To be successful, you will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel, and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills. Cooperatively take on other duties, roles or responsibilities as assigned and actively engage with other members of the company to continuously strive to improve processes, improve efficiency, and reduce costs
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, specifications, design analysis and review construction cost estimates
- Perform construction related services including shop drawing reviews and installation drawings, response to requests for information, periodic construction site observation, and occasional specialized structural inspections
- Collaborate with architects and designers and building contractors on design and construction of projects
- Writing detailed design documents and specifications for industrial operating facilities
- Carrying out the final design and detailing of structural designs from engineering sketches
- Providing Structural Design and technical support including calculations, design and design drawing reviews, field investigation and solutions for the construction or repair of heavy industrial projects
- Reviewing project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation, including checking for technical accuracy
- Check the drafting content and drawings prepared by other in the Structural Design team
- Coordinating and working with project team members
- Developing and maintaining positive, sustainable internal and external client relationships
- Alberta and/or British Columbia P.Eng. designation with 5+ years of experience of relevant industry experience, including project management, with sound knowledge in the areas of analysis and design of Steel, Concrete and Wood Structures.
- Experience and knowledge of major design codes and standards such as NBC and CSA associated with wood and steel structures.
- Experience within an EPC and EPCM work environment.
- A self starter, able to work with significant independence.
- Experience with advising and coaching staff on applicable processes, procedures and engineering work.
- Experience applying for and navigating Alternative Solutions and Variances as they relate to building code.
- A great work environment and culture.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Opportunities for acquiring new skills and professional advancement.
- An environment where your ideas on innovation and product or process improvements are valued and implemented.
- Recognition for your achievements and contribution to our success.
- A team of professionals that work together to achieve our goals.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ZS2 Technologies is #hiring! Know anyone who might be interested in joining a leading edge material science company in the construction industry?